Old 04-02-2008, 10:28 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Spider Web problem at night?

"Sarah White" wrote in message
"0tterbot" wrote in message

almost unbelievably, i HAVE had this problem!

in our case, it was bird mites. there had been birds nesting in the
roof - after they all left home, the homeless mites began to drift down
through the ceiling. we thought we would go insane, because we didn't
know what it was. i put white paper out & eventually we were able to spot
them landing on the paper on the table (they are near-microscopic). then,
we thought we would go insane because of the disgustingness of it all.

some pest dude came around & pesticided them all to death & that was the
end of it.
kylie

Hmm... it might be mites. I've seen tiny red spiders occasionally - and
apparently they are some sort of mites.

they would be, although there are all kinds of mites. the kind that get on
your houseplants wouldn't be bothering you though, so try to define the
problem more before you get the pestie in. bird mites are very, very, very
tiny. try the white paper method!

What was the name of the pest company that you got?

don't know any more. any of them would be able to deal with it though. you
can also request that they come back later if (for example) there really is
a nest up there but it still has babies in it. afaik they kill the birds if
you ask, otherwise they don't. (birds themselves are an issue they deal
with). they will just check everything out & do what you ask concerning
solutions.

you might want to go up into the roof & see what you can see. it may not be
from birds. but it sounds as though _something_ is working its way down
through the ceiling!
kylie