Old 05-02-2008, 04:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Spider Web problem at night?

FarmI wrote:

What a nice story. I hope the ******* who abused the pony dies in agony.

All too common around here, I'm afraid. Since they put 'The Saddle Club'
on TV, billions of little girls with dual-income families have gotten
ponies to play with. Sadly, the TV doesn't show the hours of work it
costs to keep and exercise a large animal in the suburbs and so you see
lots and lots of them in tiny yards and tethered to stakes, forgotten
and miserable. It used to be a lot worse, I suppose...

AND (soapbox moment approaching)

Our local council in its wisdom has permitted a large commercial concern
a monopoly over the N'cle Showground, effectively turning out the Pony
Club and preventing the best chance the abovementioned ponies had of
owner-education! Hnnnnh!

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia