Old 05-02-2008, 07:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Peach drooling

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"0tterbot" wrote in message news:lJgpj.10637
"Trish Brown" wrote in message

i have been a negligent in my sewing activites lately :-( but i still
love spotlight!

I hate the one that you and I would have access to. There are only about
3 decent staff in the place who know anything about fabric and I hate
most of the fabric they have because the quality is almost universally
lousy.

it's entirely NOT the best one i've been to, that's for sure! however, if
_i_ know what i want, i can make it work. the staff are terrible!

Yup. I sent He who Thinks He Should be Obeyed in to buy me some cord and
plastic rings for a Roman blind I'm making. You should have seen the shit
they sent him home with and it won't be of any se at all

I went in there to buy some japara that I'd seen a week before and of
couse they'd done a rearrangement and I had to go through 5 staff before
i found one who even knew what japara was.

(i don't know what japara is... ;-)

It comes in a number of weights and can be oiled or not. It's a closely
woven fabric and you would know oiled Japara as Driz-a-bone. the one I saw
was unoiled though and it is used for doona covers and feather cushion
covers.

that is bad news (about the drainage). whenever i see those diagrams of
"how to make drainage trenches" in books, i feel very sad for anyone
reading them with a special interest. jackie french (rather
typically!!!) breezily writes that one can "plant them on mounds" if
drainage is bad.

It works for Paul D. who has the mudbrick house and the trout ponds
outside his balcony as that is how he plants his trees.

undoubtedly, he had the foresight to create miniature tablelands, rather
than tiny silly mounds! :-)

No -many silly little mounds but they are allowing him to grow his trees OK.