Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default raspberry stalks - how to bush?

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message

Mine took two seasons. I planted a load in spring 2006, and got two
crops in 2007. I'm planting 18 more canes this year and don't expect
any
fruit from them till next year.

So they did well at Tod, that's encouraging.

They did remarkably well. Unlike the gooseberry bush (dead) and the
currants (feeble).

Our (new) red, black and white currants were extremely feeble last year. We
want to move them and the gooseberry and build a proper fruit cage for them
this year but it's always either too cold (frozen ground) or too wet (sodden
ground). Usually the latter.

The gales blew all the empty bags and plant pots all round the garden,
luckily they didn't get out but I'm fed up :-(

Sun shining today, it might improve ...

Mary

--
Linz