Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default ~2000 Paulownia seeds for $10.00

On 5 Feb, 23:31, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

Well I'd love to grow Paulownia, but when I looked at the weather
conditions for my plot (in _Wales_ of all places) it just didn't have
the water to support the things. 8-(

None of the three British localities that I know have Paulownia
specimens strikes me as particularly wet.

They probably had soil though. This was a hilltop. It had the rain, it
just couldn't retain any of it.

There's a couple of Paulownia in Westonbirt, which is on my doorstep.
Those leaves are indeed spectacularly huge.