Old 06-02-2008, 02:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Peach drooling

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

_i_ know what i want, i can make it work. the staff are terrible!

I think that's part of the job description at spotlight stores. I get far
more help from other women standing in line than I do from the staff. And
'friendly'? Hah! More like 'fiendly'! Have you ever been to a Home Yardage
store? They're quite excellent, IMHO.

I din't write that comment it was Otterbot but I agree completely. Yes, I
used to love Home Yardage, but the only one in this area closed years ago.

Yup. I sent He who Thinks He Should be Obeyed in to buy me some cord and
plastic rings for a Roman blind I'm making. You should have seen the
shit they sent him home with and it won't be of any use at all

Is that the pre-made Roman blind tape? I've used that and it actually does
what it's supposed to! Much easier than making the assembly from scratch
(I've done both). Or, just use the pre-made tape across the top and use
your rings down the length of the blind?

No it was the rings (too big not the nice little ones) and the tape (not the
fine sort but big thick stuff). Absolutely clueless staff who must have not
read any of Spotlights own publications which they sell to customers who
make Roman blinds.

It comes in a number of weights and can be oiled or not. It's a closely
woven fabric and you would know oiled Japara as Driz-a-bone. the one I
saw was unoiled though and it is used for doona covers and feather
cushion covers.

Oo! Have you ever seen the oiled stuff for sale? My
extra-large-giant-economy-size husband needs a raincoat...

No, but there was a company who used to sell it - the Victorian high country
IIRC. I'll see if I can find the details, but you should see my sewing
room! Oh well, it needs a good cleaning up.