Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Plastic Bottle greenhouse !

On 5/2/08 18:49, in article ,
"David in Normandy" wrote:

Sacha says...
The water here is so chlorinated that we have a filter on the kitchen water
tap and take bottled water to the bedrooms.

The tap water here is drinkable most of the time.
Occasionally it is over chlorinated - very noticeable after
a sip of tea which tastes metallic. It also goes brown
sometimes for a day or two for reasons unknown - possibly
someone working on the mains. We keep some bottles of
spring water for such occasions.

Our milkman brings us bottles of water three times a week, only because the
taste of chlorine is unacceptable to us. I insist that the kettle is
filled only from the filter tap and I know, always, if someone hasn't done
that.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk