Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Richard Wright

Default what trees are these - North Richmond NSW?

Peter: Thanks. There was I thinking it was some exotic food tree.

Richard

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 08:17:55 GMT, "Wallaby" wrote:

Richard these trees (opposite the Hawkesbury Polo Fields) are "Paulownia
fortunei" , common name 'Powton'.
This is a timber plantation. They are pruned up the trunk for knot free
timber.
Cheers, Peter

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
.. .
Yesterday I was driving back into Sydney via North Richmond. On the
flats, south of the road, is a large plantation of trees.
Unfortunately I saw the trees in heavy and fast traffic, so couldn't
stop and take a photo.

The trees were 5-10 m tall and straight up and down with sparse
leaves. The impression is of a tree tomato, but much taller and with
much larger and darker green leaves.

Any suggestions?