Old 06-02-2008, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Allotments

"Jimbo" wrote
We are stunned here in Swinton (Manchester) we have been charged a 10 %
increase for no additional services -now
£ 38.50.

Jimbo ;o(

Incidentally forgive my naivety but how is a 'Rod' measured ?

That's so cheap.

A Rod is actually a linear measurement of 5.5 yards. They really mean Square
Rods when they talk about allotment measurement but in my experience most
Council folk don't understand it all.
So a Sq Rod is 5.5 yards by 5.5 yards or 30.25 sq yards. 10 rods is
therefore 302.5 sq yards.

Ours now talks in Metric Lettings(??) which is 5 metres by 5 metres. (so 250
sq metres)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden