Old 06-02-2008, 05:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Building a small pond

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:15:08 CST, Hal wrote:

I have long endured confusion over water hyacinth growth. My three
ponds were connected, the water flowed from a bottom drain in the 1000
gallon pond to 3 filter barrels, got pumped to a 300 gallon pond and
went over a spillway to a 160 gallon pond in the shade of a gazebo and
back into the 1000 gallon pond. Same water, but the water hyacinths
would grow differently in the 300 gallon pond and the 1000 gallon
pond. Water was moved by an 1800gph pump and I could never figure out
why the hyacinths were more yellow or less green in one pond than the
other. It seemed to me they should get the same amount of everything
that mattered to a water hyacinth.

Which pond were they yellow in? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us