Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Curing and splitting wood for burning - vents to my woodburners

George (dicegeorge) wrote:
However two open fireplaces and underflooor vents to feed em take a lot of
heat out when they are not burning.

im thinking of fitting underfloor vents to my woodburners,
which should stop draughts coming in through doors and windows,
but
arent they meant to be able to be closed when the fires not on,
and the chimney cleverly muffled,
so there is a lot less draughts and heat loss?

Depends No one says you have to. Ours gets plant pots over em in summer..;-)

Plugging chimneys is fine, if you CAN.