Old 08-02-2008, 01:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Strawberry orientation

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:33:21 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I'm going to put in some strawberries. Is there any advantage to the
orientation? I can plant it in several locations, shielded in each
directions. Would this make a difference, say in winter, when they would be
sheltered from the north wind. Or in the summer when they would be
sheltered from the afternoon heat?

Steve

Might depend on where you are. Here in So.Cal they are planted to
grow in the winter and given as much sun exposure as is available.
Best conditions might vary in other parts of the country.

Green end up is usually good.