Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yet another plant ID request

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| The other thing that occurs to me is a Leucothoe, perhaps. It's quite
| familiar but I can't think why!

Wikipedia, that well-known source of misinformation, indicates that
Leucothoe has alternate leaves. I had taken the first picture to
indicate opposite ones (hence Hypericum and Vinca) - have I misread
it, and they are in fact alternate?

The leaves are alternate. This is particularly clear if you look at the
second photograph, where the inflorescence can be seen to be in the axil
of a solitary leaf.

Not that I can identify it in either case!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley