Old 08-02-2008, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_4_] Manelli Family[_4_] is offline

Default Orchid problem

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
You know, guys, aside from asking whether boiling destroys TMV (after all,
you burn it when you smoke it and yet you won't let a smoker touch your
orchids) nicotine concentrate is not really healthy for *you*.

I don't think any of the insecticides are healthy for us, including the
organic ones.

Diana

"Manelli Family" wrote in message

"Marios Giannakoulias" wrote in message
Thats true, hense ''put some boiling water'' which deactivates TMV
which is actually the tobacco strain of ORV. I don t allow smokers
handling my plants also...

How about boiling the water gently for a minute? That would surely kill
the virus.