Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default New Zealand gardens

Sacha wrote:
For his birthday present Ray is being given two tickets to NZ (and
back!) from my son and his wife. We'll probably go in January of
next year, even though his birthday is next month.
I've never been there but Ray went to NZ about 15 or so years ago but
by now there must be other, or more highly developed, gardens. Has
anyone got any particular recommendations? We won't be seeing
gardens only but obviously, those will be a major attraction for us!
We intend to drive ourselves, as and where the whim takes us but I
want to start planning with the aid of online maps, some of which
show specific driving tours. I want, also, to get him some books
appropriate to the gardens of NZ, so again, any suggestions will be
most welcome.

Never been there myself, but I understand that it helps if you like white
flowers (I think that something in excess of 90% of the native flora has
white flowers).

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)