Old 05-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Just a little bit

Default Plant Name?

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:35:06 +0800, "Willow"
wrote:

There's a plant I've seen everywhere, particularly in areas that receive
little extra water & care (I've often seen them planted on council verges or
on islands in the middle of the road) but receive full sun throughout most
of the Summer. It's a reedy plant, it might be a Yucca, the lilly/orchid
like flowers are on long stems, the petals of which are white with some
black & yellow bits (stripes or dots?) & a purple tounge...

I don't have a camera available unfortunately otherwise I would take a
piccie!

Sounds like the Dietes Bicolour. A very tough native plant.