Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Where are my new bulbs?

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Our well established crocuses and narcissi are all in full
flower but the new ones I planted back in November aren't
even breaking through the ground yet. Will they take longer
to come up than the others or have I planted them too deep
or something?

I wouldn't worry about them, they'll know what to do. If they are a bit deep
they'll show up soon, and they'll migrate via new bulblets to the depth they
like. We moved some gladioli bulbs last year, and there's no sign of them
yet, but the ones we missed in the old location are showing at 3" tall.
Although this mornings hard frost may have come as a shock to them.

Steve