Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default Feb-9A - Purple Oxalis 20080188-Edit.jpg

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:20:22 -0500, John - Pa. wrote:

I spent the day experimenting with a new camera and looking for any-ol
thing to shoot at. The cat got tired of being chased around the house
and went down to the basement to get away from me, but the houseplants
are not as agile.

We have had this purple oxalis as a houseplant for at least 20-years.
Whenever it begins to look tired I give it a shot of fertilizer and he
perks up and starts blooming again. About every 5 or 6-years I repot
it and then the bulbils I drop outside start to sprout, but I think we
are too cold for this guy to survive the winters, and they never
establish.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Wonderful shot. Reminds me of butterfly wings.