Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Removing/killing my Hydrangea

"kregler" wrote in message

I have a Hydrangea in my small front garden. It's surrounded by a deep
bed of concrete. The thing is I'm trying to get rid of the bloody thing
this weekend.

Is the anything I need to know that would make my life easier? The
roots are pretty big and I'm just wondering if it would be ok to just
cut the roots to remove the main part of the shrub. Will the roots
continue growing?

I'm a beginner at all this so please excuse me if this seems like a
silly question!!!

Thanks in advance for any poiters or tips.
Karl

It might resprout from the root, but if you keep hacking away at it, it will
eventually give up !
Jenny