Old 10-02-2008, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potting composts

Therefore says...
Hello can you help

What is the best multipurpose compost that I can buy from the garden shops.

I am unable to find anything that does not dry out, or gets waterlogged , is
it the composts, or me.

all help appreciated

...............Leslie

I buy cheapo multi-purpose compost but mix about 30% of
sharp sand into it. If you are unfortunate enough to have
any moles, one benefit is the hills which consist of fine
soil. This can also be mixed with some sharp sand to give a
good potting compost. However, for seeds best to use a
reasonable quality compost - some of the cheaper ones tend
to go mouldy for some reason which encourages the seedlings
to damp off.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.