Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Glyphosate question

Dave Hill says...
On 10 Feb, 17:37, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says... I've just sprayed a patch of weeds with glyphosate. Mainly
grass and docks. Have I got to wait a week or two for the
weeds to be visibly dying or can I rotorvate them into the
ground in a couple of days time while (hopefully) we still
have good weather?

Wait, it takes about 3 weeks at this time of year possably longer
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

As Charlie says it will take 3 weeks or more if it turns cold for the
glphosphate to be absorbed down into all the roots, if you rotovate to
soon you will be choping the rooots up and a lot will not have been
touched by the chemical so will re grow happily in the spring.
It is best used on weeds that are in active growth so realy spraying
March onwards is best
David Hill
Abacus Nurtseries

Looks like I'll have to wait then. It is just a pity with
the lovely weather at the moment and the ground is drying
nicely. I bet that by the time the weeds have died we are
back to rain and unworkable wet soil. Such is life.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.