Old 10-02-2008, 09:59 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Peach drooling

Yup. I sent He who Thinks He Should be Obeyed in to buy me some cord and
plastic rings for a Roman blind I'm making. You should have seen the shit
they sent him home with and it won't be of any se at all

(i'd probably have been suspicious of that happening, & gone myself!)

I went in there to buy some japara that I'd seen a week before and of
couse they'd done a rearrangement and I had to go through 5 staff before
i found one who even knew what japara was.

(i don't know what japara is... ;-)

It comes in a number of weights and can be oiled or not. It's a closely
woven fabric and you would know oiled Japara as Driz-a-bone. the one I
saw was unoiled though and it is used for doona covers and feather cushion
covers.

learn something new every day!

It works for Paul D. who has the mudbrick house and the trout ponds
outside his balcony as that is how he plants his trees.

undoubtedly, he had the foresight to create miniature tablelands, rather
than tiny silly mounds! :-)

No -many silly little mounds but they are allowing him to grow his trees
OK.

give me a few years & i might withdraw the silly mounds opinion. not yet
though!!!! of course, i came across our mounds when it was as dry as
anything & because of them couldn't seem to get any water going onto the
actual trees. now it's wet, things are different. argh!
kylie