Old 10-02-2008, 10:49 PM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Peach drooling

"0tterbot" wrote in message

our worst erosion gully is just shocking, & when we came here it wasn't
even on our property - but it's travelled, so now it is. being in a
difficult location, we haven't decided exactly what to do. it needs to be
filled though - it's not a creek (or at any rate, it _wasn't_ ;-) we did a
bit of discreet trespassing to look at the worst of it. omg..!

Sadly the only way to effectively deal with erosion gullies is to treat them
at the starting point and move downwards from there. If that isn't on your
land, you'll be shovelling it uphill to fix the problem.

Probably the best thing you could do is to effectively put in 'weirs' of
rocks, branches, tyres, to catch and slow flows and plant as much as you can
on the sides bases etc. But in reality, it won't be easy without having
access to the starting point