Old 11-02-2008, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Spring already?

On 10/2/08 10:17, in article ,
"Jeff Layman" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
And the Oemleria cerasiformis that Ray put in the garden last
year has come into flower and promises to be very beautiful,
especially as it gets larger.

I wonder why this plant isn't seen more often. It's a delightful shrub or
small tree, with nicely scented flowers. And it flowers when not much else
is in flower (well, maybe not this year!).

I agree. It's a fairly 'quiet' thing, so perhaps it doesn't get enough
attention for itself. But as you say, it's very pretty, scented (though not
powerfully so) and its fresh, bright green leaves unfurling are a joy in
themselves.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk