Old 11-02-2008, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fred Fred is offline

Default compost heaps

Hello,

I've started clearing an overgrown allotment. It's mostly grass and
bramble that I have removed. Its in a heap at the moment and I'm not
sure what to do with it. What are the rules about what you can compost
and what you cannot?

I presume the grass is ok; are the brambles or are they too tick? Are
things with thick stems unsuitable for composting? What about roots?
There's quite a bit of rhubarb too. What about that?

What are the other options? Other allotment holders were having
bonfires. I wasn't sure how PC they were these days!