Old 11-02-2008, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice please -- new lawn very soft

In article 1396fa00-15ef-42e5-bb98-
, says...
On 11 Feb, 12:14, David in Normandy wrote:
*says...
Was the ground properly firmed down initially before the
seed was sowed?

I'm not sure, to be honest. I guess I can get the guys who did it back
in and ask them.

After a few days dry, try just strolling back and forth, it will firm up
with time even if it was not properly firmed to start with, you could
also try a light roller, but avoid any thing heavy with wheels.
I filled a coulple of low spots back in the Autumn and am not starting to
walk across them and cut (but with the blades higher) I am no lawn expert
but grass is pretty hard to do permant damage to
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk