Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Maintaining Echinacea

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I tried growing Echinacea in my patio area and they seemed to take off
quite nicely, but knowing nothing about them, I left them alone to do their
own thing.

I read somewhere about deadheading them, but didn't do that as I am not
familiar with the practice.

So right now I have the plants in my little plot, looking perfectly dead
and wondering if they will come back in the spring or did my ignorance
turn what should have been a perennial into an annual? How do echinaceas
seed and grow - by the flowers, like marigolds, or some other mechanism?

Where do you live?