Old 05-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Woofie

Default Mossies in water feature

"Teddy" wrote in message ...
Hello All

I have just built a small water feature based in a 1m diameter pond. Works
fine and is very pretty but it has rapidly become a breeding ground for
mosquitos. Is there anything I can put in the water which will kill the
mossies?

Thanks

Ted

Pour a few drops of kerosene on top of the water. Mozzie larvae breath
air through a snorkel on their bums. A thin film of kerosene on the
surface suffocates them. The thin film of kero will evaporate after
few hours of sunlight. make sure its only a few drops of kero. You
dn't need any more than that on your little pond.