Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Getting rid of fish

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
Now this is a major change. How long have you been raising fish?

Jim

=============================
I've had pond goldfish since 1995. I added koi around 1998. It's just
too much work for two seniors. We're both burnt out on it.

Whoa--- I have just retired and decided that I want to convert my pool
into a natural fish pond so I can save the work of pool maintainance.
What am I missing here? Many books, articles,and people on this list
say that with proper design, pumps, and veggie filters a pond is
virtually maintainance free. Something doesn't jive. As I live in
Phoenix, there is no winter, just spring and HOT summer. Will that make
it harder or easier to maintain?

Chip

Chip