Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Getting rid of fish

"~ jan" wrote in message

Easier, imo. My biggest job is fall when I have to cover them due to leaf
drop, and change things to prepare for winter. (See website)

Filter maintenance is based on how well you build that filter, and
sometimes that takes money. If people have it, like my sister, she put in
vortex filters. Plug a gate valve and the muck drains away.

That's similar to what our neighbor with the 6000 pond has. It's some kind
of stone/pebble filled huge monster of a filter that self flushes. But
they're wealthy and bought the best of everything. Price was no deterrent.
Draining down their pond is not the job it is for us because they're in
their 40s and have 2 strong young sons to help.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.