Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Please help with Jasmine!

jeanthegardener
wrote in :

Hi newbie here. Somebody told me that beer and birth
control pills are good fertilizers. Is this true? Have
any of you guys tried it?

nope, not true.
beer is good for attracting slugs & snails. there are far
more useful things for your garden than crackpot concoctions.
compost is the best thing for soil improvement. seaweed is a
good fertilizer, especially for tomatoes.

Btw, I'm glad to find a gardening forum finally! I hope
I'll have fun with you guys.

there are a few unkind posters, but mostly people are helpful
here
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair