Old 12-02-2008, 08:23 PM
danny22 danny22 is offline
Registered User

Default Ground Preparation

Hi all

Just a quick question. I'm wanting to tackle the (neglected) garden this year, but I'm not sure where to start. It is quite large, and I have several areas of full sun and others dappled from trees above.

The garden has gone completely haywire from previous owners, with part plant and mostly weed coverage where i want to work. I was going to remove everything that was there and start fresh, but do I need to do anything with the soil first? I wanted a patch for growing veg, nothing too big, just a few pieces, and more for flowers - seeds and bulbs. what should i do with the soil before i start? do i need to mix compost into it? when should i start? sorry if i sound stupid, but im a bit of a novice!

If anyone has any tips on how i can reduce pest infestation and disease please let me know! many thanks!

danny