Old 13-02-2008, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default planting dahlia bulbs

On 13/2/08 08:08, in article ,
"Jeremy Watts" wrote:

i bought this single dahlia bulb recently and am wondering which way it is
planted...?? the thing looks like 7 or 8 tubours the one ends of which are
attached to a woody stem, the other ends are free and have loose sort of
strands coming from them.

so which way up does it go?? so that the free ends are facing down into the
soil or up??

thanks
jeremy watts

Woody stem up, dangly bits in compost in pot. Plant out in garden (if
desired) after danger of frost is past.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk