Old 13-02-2008, 05:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

Default Getting rid of fish

old dirtbeard wrote:

I thought about netting them and releasing them into a lake (we are in
SoCal), but that could be a mess. I thought about contacting PetCo and
seeing if they would take them for resale (I don't like the idea of them
being used as feed, though).

Not to mention illegal and environmentally unsound.

If you live in so cal, go to your local county vector control agency and get
some mosquito fish. In the past three years we have had two only shibunkins
make it to adulthood. The rest were eaten by the mosquito fish.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.