Old 13-02-2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default which addiction is harder to get over: orchids or caffeine?

"The more research I did," says Hansen, "the more I came to see them less as
criminals than as pragmatic conservationists. You learn a lot in the orchid
world."

Truer words were never spoken - or quoted...

Someone should write a murder mystery or spy novel/thriller about the orchid
world. But no one would believe it.

K Barrett
wrote in message
speaking of which, while researching a newbie grower lecture i've
somehow been swindled into agreeing to give, came across this:

'You can get off alcohol and drugs, but you never get off orchids ...'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../norchid22.xml