Old 13-02-2008, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Twisted Hazel

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:01:35 +0000, danny22
wrote:

Hi all

I have just been bought a Twisted Hazel Tree from a colleague at work,
and I'm not so sure on how to take care of it! I can't put it in the
ground yet until I start on the garden. it is in a a 10inch pot and is
about 4 and a half foot tall, so i think the pot is too small. i know
they like partial sun, is there anything i need to know?

many thanks!

I'd put it in a bigger pot if it were mine, and keep it moist until it
can be planted.
They grow well, but you must watch out for any straight stems coming
from the base and cut them right off, otherwise they will take over as
they are more vigorous than the twisted stems.
Not very attractive in summer, as the leaves look twisted and sad, but
lovely in winter! I soon moved mine from my front garden as people
kept asking me if it was diseased!

Pam in Bristol