Old 14-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Winsford Winsford is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesardine View Post
Hi

My first time to this forum! Hi everyone

I live in Spain and UK, Our home in Spain is in a valley, sun most of the day its wonderful.

I was wondering what would be the best type of Bamboo to grow in Spain. I do not know anything about plants suitable for very dry climates
.
regards BS
Bamboo needs constant moisture to survive. Look around you for grass growing green naturally. You might be in a lucky spot, but if the grass turns yellow in summer and appears to die off, then it will be far too dry for any bamboo. It is a form of grass after all.
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums