Old 14-02-2008, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Michael Pollan

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
what i'm asking is if these books are getting to the people
who don't know what real food is, or if it's only people who
already reject the plastic food that read them.
lee

The people who are eating faux food are either too ignorant to even know
there's a problem or just too stupid to care. These books are pretty much
read by those who want to confirm ("I knew that and he agrees with me!")
what they already know and perhaps add some smidgeon of information or just
leave it on the coffee table for visitors to see while they hide the Cheetos
in the back closet. The people who would actually glean any new life
changing knowledge from this book are a nano percent of those who buy the
book. JMO

Val