Old 14-02-2008, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How deter moles from lawn?

Eddy says...
A quick look round the internet, suggests the following:

"Moth balls down the hole sends them packing to someone elses garden!!!"

"Stick a child's windmill into the mole-hill and the vibrations will
scare them off."

"Try empty bottles put down the mole hills. They dont like the sound of
the wind whistling over the tops of the bottles."

"Put emulsified castor oil down the tunnels".

"Rolawn Mole Repel is a humane and safe way to deter moles. It is
non-toxic, safe for the environment, children and pets. The garlic
granules are poured into the runs under mole hills and do not harm
moles, but stop them burrowing further."

Can people vouch for any of these?

By the way I am in Shropshire. The fields on both sides of me look like
the one in the picture accompanying the following story:
http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/0...ion-hits-area/

I can vouch that none of those work.
Moles are a regular topic on here, I suggest you do a
Google search of the group for moles.
The only thing I've found that works are scissor traps -
the ones with a scissor on each side so they get the mole
from either direction. If, like me, you live next to fields
then you will have to continue killing off the moles as new
ones take their place. It is a never ending war.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.