Old 14-02-2008, 09:50 PM
danny22 danny22 is offline
Registered User

Default Cyclamen

After spending four quid buying a cyclamen from b&q in the morning, a colleague from work came in with a tray of six of them in the afternoon and said b&q were throwing them out because they were starting to fade. so she gave me another one to add to the one i had bought.

admittedly they did look pretty rough, but im a sucker for a plant in distress, and i like to make them well again. i know their flowering season is almost over, but i have read that once it ends, the tubers stay dormant for a few months, then start to sprout again as the weather turns cooler. is this true? i hope so, because despite the fact they now look pretty shabby, i like them when in full bloom! does anyone have any experience with them and how to care for them in blooming and dormant seasons?

many thanks! I'm new to the site, and new to all manners of gardening, but a lot of people have been really helpful and answered my questions really well, so thanks if anyone can help me here too! i promise i'll find my feet eventually

danny