Old 05-04-2003, 07:20 AM
jammer

Default Sticky pot syndrome

You are so entertaining sometimes. I was reading taking it all
seriously, thinking, man, what is this sticky flower disease?? Then i
read on and OH! Yes, i was diagnosed with that back in 89...

I have good news and i have bad news. The bad news is, it doesnt go
away. The good news is, it doesnt go away (and is in fact good for
your health)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 20:46:24 -0500, "madgarder"
wrote:

Well, I thought I detected an old disease showing tell tale signs lately.
First pots of dianthus stuck to my hands. Then a little red dianthus called
Persian star stuck to my hands, in fact, two of them stuck tight and I had
to pick them up. A pussywillow stuck next. Then a red dogwood followed
me home, followed by a large three gallon pot of Double file viburnum.

Then of all things, a TREE called a Forest Pansey redbud and a Sand cherry
stuck to my truck and came home, and today as I dragged my beaten and tired
body thru the nursery at Lowes where I work, a pot of President Grevy lilac
(a blue lilac.......), a deep pink with deep red eyed phlox, a Espirea
Shirobana Spirea, and a Espirea Hoja Tostada "Crisp Leaf Spirea" flung
themselves into a cart and insisted I take them home with me. They sat
proudly in the floorboard of the car that I was driving instead of the
truck..........this sticky pot syndrome is beginning to clutter up the
middle terraced portion of my slope................I need a good twelve step
program. Think there's hope, Zhan?? GBSEG
madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler where I can hear the peals
of twinkly laughter at my weakness, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern
Tennessee, zone 6b,Sunset zone 36 where I'm so tired I can't even think of
planting the new babies yet.........but I will dream of it tonight and
hopefully by Monday I will have them nestled in the soils here.