Old 15-02-2008, 03:59 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Seems you can't think of one after all :-))

Don't worry about it. Just join the queue of those who know that
conservationists are fakes but try to say they're not.
I'll name some organisations whose contributions are, on balance, far more positive than negative:

National Trust
John Muir Trust
RSPB
Woodlands Trust

I have no doubt that there are some specific actions of these bodies that you don't like. I don't like everything they do either, but I don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. I have no doubt that Britain would be a much worse place without their contribution.

I don't think that they take much in the way of public funds either.

It is always easy to criticise others, but if you were in control you would find that there are difficult conflicting issues to be addressed, and you have to disappoint some people all of the time and all people some of the time. Perhaps you would like to sketch out the way in which you think the British countryside should be managed, perhaps drawing parallels with other countries where you think they do it better than us, so we can see exactly what it is you want.