Old 15-02-2008, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Twisted Hazel

K says...
adder1969 writes
On Feb 13, 11:11*pm, Pam Moore wrote:

Not very attractive in summer, as the leaves look twisted and sad, but
lovely in winter! *I soon moved mine from my front garden as people
kept asking me if it was diseased!

Pam in Bristol

You could just kill it then it'd be like winter all year round.

If you knew the plant, you'd know that a great deal of its charm is the
abundant catkins on the bare stems.

I was looking at one today in the garden centre. It was a
mature specimen and looked lovely with all the yellow
catkins. Very expensive though. We left ours behind in
England when we moved to France. Wish I'd dug it up and
brought it with us now. Sigh :-(
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.