Old 15-02-2008, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default How deter moles from lawn?

On 2008-02-15 18:49:41 +0000, Eddy
said:

David in Normandy wrote:
Ouch!

Indeed! :-)

Anyway, today I was in a bargain shop and saw moth-balls going cheap so
I bought a packet. Came home and could I find the hole beneath the
mole-hill? No way. No sign of a hole anywhere. I had carefully
removed the soil and stones that the creature had tossed up and I had
then carefully prodded the exposed ground with a thin bamboo stick,
hoping to locate the hole. Nothing doing!

Guys, how do I locate the hole! :-)

Eddy.

Hire a decent molecatcher. Setting these traps up is a delicate
business if you don't know what you're doing. A molecatcher shouldn't
charge you unless he catches the varmit -- and it is almost certainly
just one or at most two moles.

Then next year hire him again.

And the year after.