Old 15-02-2008, 08:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Getting rid of fish

wrote in message
. com...
I built a pond for my koi. It has straight sides built using a stud wall,
a veggie
filter that stacks over the pond and a single shelf for getting into the
pond that
holds a single but large water lily. I have 22 or so koi and not a single
fry
anywhere. Jo Ann says I got females with eggs, but I really dont see any
of my
females getting bashed during spawning. My pond is very maintenance
free.
INgrid

I saw your pics. Your "pond" is more like a tank than a natural pond out on
a lawn as mine are. Nothing wrong with that but that's not what we wanted
when our ponds were dug.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.