Old 15-02-2008, 08:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Getting rid of fish

"Chris Barnes" wrote in message
~ jan wrote:
I thought about netting them and releasing them into a lake (we are in
SoCal), but that could be a mess.

Highly illegal, and in California probably punishable by death,
imprisonment & fines, and probably in that order. ;-)

I wonder if "releasing" them would be still be illegal if done one at a
time, using a hook and fishing line?

People here have been releasing all kinds of unwanted fish into Percy Priest
lake. So far none have naturalized. They have to stock the lake so fisherman
can catch fish.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.