Old 16-02-2008, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Looking for name of a Gardening programme presenter BBC

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:54:39 +0000, David Rance
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 wrote:
On 14 Feb, 16:25, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
wrote after
Pam Moore wrote:

Looking for a series of gardening programmes, and presenter's
name,
that used to be on BBC (I think) a long time ago, maybe 1980s.
The
man had a very distinct voice. It's not Geof Hamiltom. Before
him.

Radio or TV?

TV. He was quite old, lightish short hair. Very, very knowledgable.

Any accent?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I don't know how to describe his accent. He spoke quite slowly.

Geoffrey Smith?

David

How about Arthur Billitt of Clacks Farm?
http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/688492

Pam in Bristol

I suggested Arthur ages ago and it was turned down :-((

Mike

After a lot of trouble www.nsrafa.org is now up and running for the National
Service RAF man