Old 16-02-2008, 01:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default Float charger

Bob wrote:
Actually, he is right, but for me, I use an ordinary charger, and on
the first of every month, summer & winter, I put the charger on at
its lowest setting. It usually takes less than ten minutes for the
charger to indicate full charge. This has served me well because
last year I finally replaced the original battery in my eleven year
old rider.
Bob-tx

Andy writes:

Another alternative is to put an ordinary charger on a $4 timer,
and
let it run for a half hour or so every day.... This way you don't
have
to remember to mess with it every month. Depending on the
battery size, I would reccomment something around a 1 amp max setting
since you are only compensating for the self-discharge of the
battery.

However, whether you are using Bob's methond or my suggestion, you
should check the water level in the battery occasionally, like every 3
or 4 months,
to make sure everything is working right....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

( Home of the World's Smallest Giant Ball of String )