Old 16-02-2008, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Cyclamen

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Stuart Noble writes:

| | The small flowered ones which are pretty hardy and may even survive outdoors
| | in sheltered spots.
|
| It's actually more that they require protection from winter wet.
|
| That seems more logical. Mine seem to have positively enjoyed a north
| facing aspect in troughs and baskets. Question is, what to do with them
| over the summer given that I have to move them somewhere

Put them somewhere dry. They will wake up in the autumn when dampened
again. My C. coum are in the rain shadow of the house, and are dormant
in summer - and in hard winters.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks. I'll give that a try this year.