Old 16-02-2008, 11:39 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Seed potatoes, Sydney, NSw, Australia, where?

"0tterbot" wrote in message

but personally, i'd either just be a cheapskate & save them myself, OR,
get them at the ag shop; only because they're more likely to have come
from somewhere closer.

Just for info: I have asked at jeremy's shop where they get their spuds
and they told me that they were grown locally. I buy spuds there every
time I go in because they are such good spuds.

the "local, organic" ones in brown paper bags? i get those sometimes,
they're pretty nice. also get them from conrad sometimes (less nice ime [but
that might be the variety], & they're from crookwell or somewhere i think? i
prefer ours - i just like that fresh taste! (and free-ness). but they're not
always available of course.

jeremy's veg is actually halfway decent for supermarket veg, which is good.
mind you, i rarely buy anything there as mostly they don't have anything i
don't have (or want). the other week i was surprised to see a packet of
sugar snap peas, nearly $5 for 200g. i thought, gee, i wouldn't mind selling
my sugar snaps for $25/kg!! these ones looked like they were packed in about
1963 as well.
kylie